We make a product that we ourselves

you can buy email list with talk to us
JoyuntoExpate

We make a product that we ourselves

Post by JoyuntoExpate »

Do you have anything else unique for sellers? — For example, now we are working on a showcase of offline stores, which will appear not only in the Market search, but also in Yandex Go and Delivery Club. Now we have a “product-centric” search scenario, that is, the buyer is looking for a specific product. But quite often we already know where we want to buy something. If I've already bought groceries at Supermarket X, why shouldn't I put together a basket right there? The update will give the buyer a choice between two scenarios - "store-centric" and "product-centric", depending on the situation.

This is convenient stores of course also benefit from this: they can increase the average consumer email list bill and attract customers loyal to the brand. How do you learn about the needs of buyers and sellers of the marketplace? - If we talk about customers, then Yandex has a rule: use with pleasure. So, to hear from friends and relatives: Wow, what a cool thing, and not “Everything is broken, I don’t know what to do, help.” Salespeople are more difficult. If you can open the Yandex Go or Market application at least every day as a regular user, catch errors, fix them, come up with something new, then you won’t be able to be a seller all the time. However we did it.

We ourselves became beta testers as sellers. Together with other guys from the Market team — engineers, analysts, product managers, developers, and not only — we opened a legal entity for field testing. We are placed on the marketplace, we transport goods to the warehouse, we make deliveries. Of course, this is not a real business, because there is no goal to make money in it, but it solves the problem of maximum immersion in the experience of the Market seller. We see how things really work, and we can improve it. Involvement and empathy with this approach also go to a completely different level.